3 Strategies to Get Your Local SEO in Gear for 2018
As the new year settles in, local business owners are setting goals to outshine last years’ sells in 2018. To do this, you need more visibility in local searches. That means you need to step up your local SEO game in order to become more visible to local shoppers.
3 Tips for Stepping Up Your Local SEO Game in 2018
1. List Your Company in Local Business Directories
These days, most consumers use online searches to find solutions to their problems locally. Long gone are the days of opening the yellow pages and driving all around town looking for products and serves. You want local consumers to be able to find you. So, add your business listings to local directories, such as:
- Merchant Circle
- Local newspapers
- Local Chamber of Commerce
2. Utilize Local Link Building to the Fullest in 2018
One of the hardest parts of link building is finding quality links to and from sites relevant to your niche. However, with local link building, this is not a problem. The fact that you are all within the same local area alone, makes them relevant to your niche. This is one of the greatest secrets of the local SEO market.
Relationships are key to success in local business SEO. Creating a strategy that works will be reflected in Google and other search engines’ algorithms and rankings during local searches. But, in order to get quality backlinks from local businesses, you may need to actually get out of the office, and put in some physical legwork.
3. Make Ratings & Reviews Top Priority in 2018
One 2016 survey researched the behaviors of internet users when it comes to ratings and reviews for local businesses. These are some of the highlights from that survey:
- If asked to, 70% of online users will leave reviews
- Before making a buying decision, 85% of users trust ratings and reviews online
Here are some tips to help you improve your local SEO for 2018 by leveraging the power of online ratings and reviews:
- Two of the most important places to get online reviews are:
- Your Facebook Business Page
- Your Google My Business Page
- Find a good social media listening tool to alert you when online users mention your brand, and reply to those mentions with requests for reviews
- Showcase your ratings in reviews in search results using a schema markup
Local SEO Strategies for San Antonio Businesses
Are you a San Antonio business owner in need of local marketing services? Funnel Boost Media is a local San Antonio-based online marketing company.
Let us help you get your local San Antonio SEO in gear for 2018. Call us (210) 503-7970 to schedule your free consultation today.